My blog is no place to come havin expectations. No tech stuff.. No humour.. No fun.. Simply nothin.. Just simple thoughts that cruises through.. u .. me .. and everyone else.

Monday, January 18, 2010

1 idiot...

Watching the 3 idiots movie was really an eye opener.. made me think more about what i have been doing.. especially after one scene where Amir says.. "people who do their engineering.. switch to MBA and finally end up working for a bank are donkeys".. i was a shade worse than this.. i cud not get that final dream bank job like the description says. infact most of the banks that i applied to for a job.. went bankrupt.. to quote some were lehman bros.. bear sterns.. well dont wanna fill the list here..

Even before my engineering.. i have to rewind a few years to see where I do stand.. The earliest memories go to around 6th grade.. when the school begins every year the teachers used to ask on the first day of class.. "Tell your name and what you want to do.." Each student had to stand up one by one and say their mission statement.. which unlike the ones of a fortune 500 company are much simpler to understand.. I really used to like standing out of the crowd and saying something unique so i will start seeing wat others says. we had doctors in our class.. scientists.. and I got closer and closer to standing up and answering.. all the while I could only think of marrying the girl sitting in the next bench.. When the student next to me has stood up.. i would instantly think of something and say.. "I want to become a pilot officer.." "I want to become the President of India" .. the whole class used to applaud for having such a big ambition.. after sitting
down i ll instantly forget that and start to admire the girl next bench..

Now I remember I even came close to becoming a pilot officer. I cleared the National Defence academy exam when I was on sixth grade and lost interest in joining that school coz i had to leave home and study in a hostel.. no ways. i used to hate those hostels til i was in school.

After a few years just like the movie I went to the engineering councilling.. why? because i had NO idea wat other options even existed.. or what people really did study in other streams. The biggest surprise was I had no clue wat people did in engineering either..

"Which College do you want?" was the question the officer at Anna university asked me. The college I wanted was not available any more... so guess he should have asked me.. of the available colleges which one do you want? There I chose my path of becoming an Electrical engineer. EEE (i did not know what the third E stood for when I took EEE). And that third E (Electronics) remained my biggest blind side through out the engineering course. Till the day of my graduation i never understood how the transistor worked (for non EEEs who are as ignorant as me.. tahts the first chapter in electronics). The only consoling part was that none of my class mates understood it either.. and most of my lectures had no clue too.. That other two E's were not like i expected them to be.. One E (electrical) took you to a lab of 100 year old machines and made you feel like an illiterate.. and the third E (engineering) was something that I got on my degree.. never had to learn
that part of EEE.. so was fine with that...

After 5 years of enjoyment.. when many of us got placed in software companies.. we were looked upon as traitors.. as we had ditched EEE and joined the software stream.. well people dint understand that only IT companies were dumb enough to offer us jobs.. a few of my friends who attended interview for EEE companies.. unka balathkar ho gaya.. (they literally got raped in the interview)..

Even software was not my strenght.. so went to MBA :). well.. now i think about what they said in the movie.. just do wat u like or have passion for.. if u ask me.. i wud say.. my biggest passions are sitting on the beach.. having beer with friends.. is there a career for that.. well i am working towards it.. make loads of money and retire early.. but how much is loads and what is early.. another blind side of the statement.. thats the catch on which the entire economy works..

Cheers!!

Nambi

4 Comments:

Blogger Sundar M said...

Mapla...Un Childhood Ambition's lam tharu maaru da...President aaganumnu asapattiya?? Nadu thanguma?? lol

sitting on the beach..having beer...these are things every man would love to do...count me in too...lol

5:17 AM

 
Blogger JSTHEONE said...

President ah vaaippe illa... nenachu koda pakka thonula... but unga childhood aim was gud... tat was aim for almost all the boys till tehy get married.. even in comp we will be looking the gal next to our cubicle..

Seri unga engineering history sooper becoz most of our ppl hav same history...

Once again a gud post to cherish...

Cheersss.....

Dont worry u will find many of us in the beach to say cheers :D

7:05 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

love the blog for its simplicity and the hard hitting truth, my sweet idiotic bro...! we'll all work towards the image from ur fav movie "office space" :)

7:22 AM

 
Blogger kaarvannan said...

6th standardlayee sight addika aaramichacha...

10:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home