My blog is no place to come havin expectations. No tech stuff.. No humour.. No fun.. Simply nothin.. Just simple thoughts that cruises through.. u .. me .. and everyone else.

Monday, March 16, 2009

Kadhal Konden..

At times when you have nothing much to do.. and wanna kill sometime.. i wud suggest that writing a blog is the best thing to do.. it lets ur own thoughts flow.. brings back some "good old" memories.. and in the end u feel so relaxed.. unless you are writing about how ur stock portfolio has performed or how our politicians have screwed up things..

Looking at the title of the blog.. many of you who know me may guess that its another love/romance/site/crush blog. oops. i am sorry to disappoint you this time.. it is NOT.. then why did i name this blog "kadhal konden..." .. there was no sonia agarwal in my class during engineering.. well not even someone who was 1 percent close to her.. for those of you who studied in PSG tech.. you are smiling now... but there was one scene that happened with me.. which was kinda replicated in that movie.. well wait.. that scene happened after the movie came out. so I replicated it.. and i dint do it on purpose.. and tell you which scene it was.. it was the place where the genius gets hits with a duster from his Math professor.. who prepared a 4 step math problem for 3 days.. i really wonder if such colleges and profs do exist in our state.

Having said that.. where did i manage to create the same scene. It was during my final year. oh wait.. i am thinking if it was my final year.. My friends complain of having forgotten the content they read in engineering subjects after having joined in IT industry.. but I seem to have a bigger problem. I dont even remember wat subjects we had.. and for those names that I do remember.. I dont remember when we had.. it was a very tought high level course called CAPSA.. so must be my final year i am assuming..

Someone named that course damn right. CAPSA.. for two reasons.. One u cannot leave any GAPSA in it and ur almost sure to get a CUP in taht subject.. The course was called Computer Aided Power System analysis.. wow.. i got the name right.. not bad.. We had a very tough instructor for that course.. dont wanna mention his name here.. but in the previous class who took that course he gave CUP or arrear to 19 out of 40+ students in the class.. and that class was supposed to be a brighter one. So obviously we expectd around minimum of 10 cups in our classs.. no No doubt if it those cups were to go least scoring ppl.. I would be there :).. but i was not worried.. coz my other close friends would then be fighting for that remaining 9 cups..

That instructor was known for his strictness.. it was basically a no nonsense class.. and i as usual was kinda quiet in his class and dint do anything... i dint wanna get noticed.. so one fine day.. he catches me in the class with a rough note book.. (That was my only note book for all subjects and mostly had some thoughts scribbled in it..) he gets furious at me.. but lets me go.. thats one i said to myself..

a few classes later.. he gives a tough problem to the class and asks us to solve it.. he keeps goin around.. just like the movie.. i had no idea wat that course was all about.. it was way too complicated for me to understand.. but it had a lot of Math in it and most of it was matrix multiplication..

He points out to a guy to solve it on board.. as usuall my friend does not know how to do it... so he gets blasted and sent out.. his next pick was me.. I was sitting in the last bench.. took a deep breath.. while standing up i asked someone to help me.. one of my good friends whispered while i walked past him .. "Machi take those two matrix and multiply da.. and do thiss #$#@$.." his voice faded away..

The instructor was sure I would not be able to do it.. but I bravely walked up.. took a piece of chalk and started solving it.. just liek the movie.. a BGM of surprise sound was comin from the class.. everyone was looking at me.. I was solvin the problem all over the place.. we usually have a very big black board and the space was not enough.. i had filled it with numbers in few minutes.. everyone was surprised and amazed..

I tried to search for a duster now to erase some portions and solve the problem.. i saw that the duster was in his hand.. i looked at him.. this was the magical question he asked "ITHULA ENTHA STEP YA CORRECT?" translated to "Which F$#@ing step in this is correct?" it was then i realised it was entirely wrong.. and worse part even my classmates did not know that and everyone was thinking i was really solving the problem :)

I stood there.. waiting for the duster to hit my face like that kadhal konden movie.. aioo.. I should have hit myself.. i wanted to run away.. but my instructor was kind enough to give the green signal "GEt out..." With a sad and puppy face i walked out to see my friend waiting out side.. and he adds more fuel to the fire "Machi ennaku appave therium.. athan nan velila vanthuten.. nee ennamo peria vigyani mathiri solve panra.. vaada vaa.. tea kadaikku polam.. namakellam athan correct ".

Time for a break

Cheers

Nambi

6 Comments:

Blogger Navaneetha said...

oye.. Indha scene la wer have u replicated the movie?? and Genius nu arambichurukeenga..??? hehe... Good comedy scene....
Narration was nice.hilarious...

Sometimes i hope i had been in ur class.. and sometimes not.. like in these situations.. sirikaratha azharatha nu yosikarathukulla.. next enna solve panna kooptrupparu andha sir...:P

1:47 PM

 
Blogger U said...

// it was then i realised it was entirely wrong.. and worse part even my classmates did not know that and everyone was thinking i was really solving the problem :)///


ROTFL..ha ha..

11:42 PM

 
Blogger Sundar M said...

machi sema narration da....naan kooda nee solve pannitiyonu nenaichu perumai patten...lol

anyways nee kooda ennai mathiriye padichirikarangarada nenaikum podu romba perumaiya irukku machi... [:P]

12:17 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dei.. unaku ivlo nyabagam irukka??? naan as usual cut adichutu desi oda drive poiten nu nenaikren!! ha ha..

10:39 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I never knw tht u write so well, interesting. good sense of humour. the heading is misleading. or is that the idea behind. have to read other posts also.( think i should pretend not to have read certain portions,esp. some portions of 'bday drinks' ,being ur would-be-mom-in-law).
anyways, writing is not everyone's forte. Keep up the good work.
By the way, am i allowed here????

9:09 AM

 
Blogger Rathna Kumar said...

nice n nostalgic post Nambhi.
continue blogging!

3:03 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home